Had the most fantastic time over the weekend, creating delicious and beautiful food to be photographed by super-fun John Wenzel. Although the thought of making 8 main courses to plate was a little overwhelming, it all came together and looked as lovely as it tasted!
Of course, the objective was to feature the versatility and dynamism of Lift Flavours' culinary offerings. On the menu were:
- Fragrant Lamb Curry with Pink Peppercorn & Rose Petal Sea Salt (steamed basmati rice and wilted spinach)
- Pan-Seared Tuna Steak featuring Lavender & Green Tea Sea Salt (wasabi mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus)
- Pomegranate-Glazed Chicken (done in two different ways) with Pink Peppercorn & Rose Petal Sea Salt (cilantro-lime rice and green beans won the plating battle)
- Pan-Seared Tenderloin with Rosemary & Juniper Sea Salt (garlic mashed potatoes and green beans)
- Flambeed Prawns flavoured with Pink Peppercorn & Rose Petal Sea Salt (black rice noodles with sesame and charred vegetables) -- see photo, below!
- Barbequed Baby Back Ribs with Juniper & Rosemary Sea Salt and Apple Butter Glaze (roasted potatoes and colourful grilled vegetables)
- Seared Rack of Lamb featuring Lavender & Green Tea Sea Salt (black sesame sticky rice and steamed baby bok choy)
Because I wanted to redo the Pomegranate Chicken in a different way, we didn't even get to the Seared Pork Tenderloin with Lavender & Green Tea Sea Salt (caramelized onion mashed potatoes, pan-seared asparagus and blueberry-thyme jam)! Next time, John...!!
More about the awesome John Wenzel:
Over the course of the weekend, we talked music, dogs and of course, food! Can't wait to show you the photographic results (update! See our photo gallery for some of the photos from this shoot)! Meanwhile, I will be adding recipes from the weekend in the coming weeks. I hope you'll enjoy!