'Tis the season for dips! This one is smokey, sweet and just a little bit spicy, with gentle hints of cinnamon for the season!! It has been a huge hit at our Christmas markets and (sorry!) I'm a little late in posting it, for those who were asking!!
- 1 18 oz / 540 mL can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup / 80 mL sour cream
- 1 1/2 lb / 250 g brick cream cheese (softened at room temperature for an hour)
- 4 tsp / 20 mL Lift Flavours Espresso & Chipotle Sea Salt
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 Tbsp / 30 mL chopped cilantro plus a few leaves for garnish (optional)
- Place black beans, sour cream, cream cheese, Espresso & Chipotle Sea Salt, lime juice and cilantro (if using) in the bowl of a food processor. Blend for about 3 minutes (you may wish to scrape down the sides once or twice).
- Pour into a serving bowl and garnish with additional cilantro (optional). Serve with pita, veggies of your choice or a spoon!!